Our mission is to make going to college a reality for any student. Now, more than ever, it is crucial to know all your options. Our goal is to show families how to take the guesswork out of planning and paying for college to make sure it is as easy and affordable a process as possible.
The Facts About Affording College
- The average cost for an undergraduate degree at a public college in Texas is almost $100,000
- Undergraduate degrees at some private colleges cost well over $200,000!
- Each year the average cost of college increases by 6%
- Six out of ten families have nothing saved for their student's college education
- Three out of ten have money saved, but it is less than $10,000 for all their children
- Preparing for college should begin at birth...at the very latest by the student's sophomore year of high school
- On average it takes a student 5.8 years to obtain their bachelors degree
- College tuition has increased an average of 7 percent annually since 1990
- The largest increase in tuition paid by students at public universities on record occurred between the 2011-2012 and the 2012-2013 school years. Up 8.3%!
- In a three year stretch (2009-2010 school year through the 2011-2012 school year) the average total cost at four year public universities increased by 25%!
- In 2012 the average college graduate leaves school with $22,000 in student loans
College Planning Workshops
Each month College Funding Specialists provides free and informational
workshops around the Austin and surrounding areas. The workshops are designed to introduce
families to the college planning and financial aid process. Please visit our Upcoming
Workshops page to find out more about what our workshops cover and to find a workshop near you!
Radio Show Appearance
In February 2014 Ryan was a featured guest on 1370 AM's "Financial Wise" talk show hosted by Suzette Blackburn. To listen to him discuss the importance of proper planning for college and the entire radio segment please click here.