Our mission is to make going to college a reality for any student. Now, more than ever, it is crucial to know all your options. Our goal is to show families how to take the guesswork out of planning and paying for college to make sure it is as easy and affordable a process as possible.
The Facts About Affording College
- The average cost for an undergraduate degree at a public college in Texas for in state residents is around $110,000
- Undergraduate degrees at some private colleges cost almost $400,000!
- Since 2000, inflation has averaged just under a 2.5% increase per year. The cost of college over that same time has averaged around a 5% increase per year
- Six out of ten families have nothing saved for their student's college education
- Three out of ten have money saved, but it is less than $15,000 for all their children
- Preparing for college should begin at birth...at the very latest before January of the student's sophomore year of high school
- The national average length of time for a student to obtain their bachelors degree is 5.8 years
- College tuition has increased an average of 7 percent annually since 1990
- The largest increase in tuition paid by students at public universities on record occurred between the 2011-2012 and the 2012-2013 school years. Up 8.3%
- The average college graduate leaves school with over $35,000 in student loans
- Between fall of 2003 and fall of 2015 statewide tuition and fees for undergraduates has grown 119%!
College Planning Workshops
Each month College Funding Specialists provides free and informational workshops around the Austin and surrounding areas. The workshops are designed to introduce families to the college planning and financial aid process. Please visit our Upcoming Workshops page to find out more about what our workshops cover and to find a workshop near you!